Incredissimo Doc Forums

Nous sommes le 24 Nov 2020 07:34

Heures au format UTC [ Heure d’été ]

Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: Receiving Problem in IM
Message non luPosté: 16 Nov 2020 22:09 
Posteur

Hello everyone,
I need a fix (if there is one) for receiving 10 to 20 of the same messages in my IncrediMail?
Ugh...aggravating! I LOVE my IM. Wish some "genius" would create a "future" version with all the great (same) features, except for "flash-player." If it's affordable, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

All of you take care and have "Happy Holidays" (as best as you can) in spite of covid 19. Just DON'T take foolish chances, please!!! Our Son & Daughter-in-law are now in a hotel in Portland, quarantined for 14 days, due to exposure from a co-worker. We got the call Sunday night.

Blessings...Stay safe...
Sandy

Informations du message
 Profil Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail  

Sujet du message: Re: Receiving Problem in IM
Message non luPosté: 17 Nov 2020 09:04 
Administrateur

Hello Sandy
What happened to you ? Do you receive the same message 10 or 20 times?
I understood well ??
tell us if this is your problem ...
As for the genius who will develop a super IncrediMail, I'm afraid he hasn't been born yet ...
In any case, I do not know him and, to my knowledge, there is no equivalent to our favorite messenger in the explored universe ...
Take good care of yourself and your family!

Informations du message

Message non luPosté: 17 Nov 2020 18:34 
Modérateur

Hi Sandy,
If the messages are from gmail, check there isn't a problem there, too much mails or something. It happened to me once and it was an only message that blocked everything in gmail. I cancelled everything I could and it solved the problem. If another account, I'm not sure but it might be the same....

Informations du message
 Profil Envoyer un message privé  

Message non luPosté: 19 Nov 2020 00:47 
Posteur

Hello wonderful people...
YES dear Tommy, you understood VERY WELL! many of the same messages coming in. Last night I only got 9 of the same emails, but that's still to many! My IncrediMail is really MESSED up, good buddy. It's driving me crazy. But I still LOVE my IM. So, I'm hoping you can help me. It's taking forever to do anything in my IM because it freezes up constantly, I'm so frustrated.
And when I try to shut it down, it won't shut down. I go to the little orange envelope on my desktop, right click, go to EXIT...NO-SHUT-DOWN. Just stays frozen! The only way I can get IM to shut down is to go to windows>shut down. EVERY TIME I try using IM this is the ONLY way it will go-bye-bye!!! I don't know what in the world to do, HELP! Should I uninstall and reinstall and re-patch it? I'm having a LOVE/HATE relationship with IncrediMail right now. Sooo darn irritating, to say the least.

Dear, sweet Saskia,
I checked everything in my gmail and followed what you said. It all seems fine. I'm not bouncing in gmail nor my other 2 email accounts. I don't know where to go from here.
I'm hoping you all can help me. I can hardly bear to think of losing my IncrediMail, oh the HORROR of that!!! I know it will have to come to an end sometime. I'll cry my river then. Lol!

And Tommy, I'm still HOPING for that "IncrediMail-guru-genius" (or geniuses) to come along a create a brand new (keeping old features) IncrediMail!!!! Come on now, you know it's got to be able to be done, some way? But, we're gonna have to pay for it, of course...no free versions...

Thanks for being here for us...You're appreciated.
Sandy

Informations du message

Message non luPosté: 19 Nov 2020 10:07 
Modérateur

Another idea Sandy..... do you clean your runtime regularly ? And then, do you clean your attachments file ? When receiving a lot of messages like I know you do :wink: we must clean that from timeto time so it can avoid what you describe. Though, one must know how to do. Do you know that ? If not, I'll tell you, it's something easy once you know how to do
And another thing to check, is it only with your gmail account or with each of your accounts ? It so, it's surely that your IM is shouting "stoooop", I ate too much messages I can't delete in the files, please, clean me :lol: "
We'll help you as much as you can but you must try this before uninstalling and re-installing

Informations du message

Message non luPosté: 19 Nov 2020 12:03 
Administrateur

Hello sandy
Read Saskia's advice carefully, fix it and come back and say if it works fine.
When I installed your IM at the beginning of September everything was working fine (after fixing the problem with the antivirus)
If it still doesn't work, you'll have to give me your Team Viewer ID and password again by private message or to my email address and I'll go back to your computer to try and understand what's going on.

Informations du message

Message non luPosté: 21 Nov 2020 02:45 
Posteur

Hello wonderful folk's and friend's...THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for always reaching out to help me. You's are a blessing, indeed...

Yes, Saskia, I do get a mega-ton of emails. Just recently I had over 2,000 emails. I about fell on the floor laughing from the absolute "cuteness" of your message!!! :lol: Every time I try to insert an emoji or underline a word it looks like this: :lol: - [/u] ???

No, to be honest, sweet Saskia; I don't clean runtime folders or attachments. Please teach me how to do these? I have an application called del_run for IncrediMail. Can this still be used to clean runtime files?

I'll go do these things immediately after getting instructions, then come back and let you all know the outcome.

Thank you Tommy, my good-buddy, for kindly offering to fix my IM again. If it's messed up, it's MY FAULT, never yours...Remember Tommy..You're my #1 "genius." And I believe there's more out there...

I've had 2 strokes and forget a LOT, but I do remember many things when people bring them up. Thank the good Lord. And yes, now I do remember hearing about cleaning attachments. But don't remember how. I call my forgetfulness my "brain-thingy" Lol! BUT, I'm a very happy person, in spite of it all. : )

Informations du message

Message non luPosté: 21 Nov 2020 10:27 
Modérateur

Ok Sandy and thank you for your nice message.
SO.. you go to your local disk, users, your name, app Data, Local, and your IM is here. Once in it, you open the run time folder and delete everything EXCEPT from EMOTICON CENTER. Then, back, you go to Identities, the long number, and message store. In it, there is the attachment folder. You can delete eveything in it BUT make sure there is nothing attached in you mail you want to keep. Save it before.
It should solve at least one part of the problem, and maybe all the problem. Maybe you'll have to wait for some hours in order to see the result as sometimes Incredimail is a bit lazy but at least, it will be a good thing done

Informations du message

Message non luPosté: 22 Nov 2020 21:43 
Posteur

Dearest Saskia,
I do not have an "Emoticon Center" folder in my IM Runtime folder.
These are the titles of the folders I have in there, hon. Thank you.
1. Animation Thumbnail
2. Image
3. Image Thumbnail
4. Letter
5. Letter Thumbnail
6. Message
7. Notifier
8. Resource
9. Skin

Informations du message

Message non luPosté: 22 Nov 2020 22:31 
Modérateur

Oh... first time I see that. Do you have emoticons in your IM ? If yes, don't delete animation thumbnail, it can be the name you have for them. If you don't have emoticons, you can delete it too

Informations du message

Heures au format UTC [ Heure d’été ]